It would appear that despite potentially being the only beacon of light in what has been a terrible season for Kobe Bryant, the LA Lakers star is still not behind the idea of playing in this season’s All-Star game.
Bryant’s issued a public plea earlier on this season wherein he called for younger players to be given the chance to represent the Western Conference as point-guard for the All-Star game.
However recent polls suggest that Bryant is still streaks ahead of others in the voting, meaning that there is a high probability he will be playing on February 16, providing he’s fit.
As such the 35-year-old has once again reinstated the fact that he hopes fans will opt to offer a younger point-guard for this years game.
Though he did acknowledge that it was an honour to be picked for the All-Star game, Bryant said due to the fact he has not played much this year he may not be the right man for the job.
“I’ve always looked forward to playing in All-Star games. It’s always been something that has always been a huge honor. That being said, I haven’t played this year. I think some of the younger guys who have been out there performing extremely well and are All-Star worthy should be the ones out there playing,” he said.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms