The Big Dipper drops in at number one. In our opinion Wilt the Stilt is the greatest scorer in the history of professional basketball. And here's why:
- He scored 100 points in a single freakin' game
- He is the only player to average at least 30 points and 20 rebounds per game over his entire career
- He averaged 50 points in the 1961/62 season
- Holds the record for most points in a season
- Most 50 point games in a season
- Most 40 point games in a season
- Seven scoring titles
- Thirty-two 60-point games (Kobe is second with 5)
Chamberlain holds 71 NBA records, 62 of them are all by himself. There is literally not enough space for them all.
But i think the biggest compliment anyone can pay Wilt is what the NBA did by creating so many new rules to try and stop him being so dominant....And he was still the greatest scorer ever to grace the league.