Miami Heat superstar LeBron James has refuted claims he has signed a deal to star in Space Jam 2 but has revealed he would consider starring in a remake of the 1996 classic.
Reports on Friday suggested James had already agreed a deal to replace Michael Jordan in the lead role of Space Jam.
However the 29-year-old has since poured cold water on reports by saying he has not spoken to anyone about appearing in Space Jam 2.
Speaking to Palm Beach Post, James said he would love to appear in the remake of one of his favourite ever films.
When asked if he heard of an offer from Warner Bros., James responded: “It’s news to me. I haven’t heard anything about it.
"Like I said, I’ve always loved Space Jam 1. It was one of my favorite movies growing up. If I have the opportunity, it’d be great. But that’s news to me.
"Obviously I don’t want to be on there with this thing [bandage] on my nose. We’ll see what happens.”
James went onto joke that he would be intimidated by the evil Monstars.
King James had to sit out his side's 93-79 win over the Chicago Bulls on Sunday as he is still nursing a broken nose.
James could return from his injury against the New York Knicks on Friday as the forward is going to be fitted with a protective mask.