WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez has vowed to knock out Miguel Cotto when the two go to battle in New York's Madison Square Garden.
The 38-year-old will defend his title against the three-time world champion from Puerto Rico on June 7th headlining a HBO pay-per-view card.
Martinez is not worried about the judges and plans to end the fight early in what will be one of the most anticipated fights of the year.
"I have a lot of respect for Cotto. Beyond what he's said on tour, he has had a great career. But on June 7 I know i'm going to win. I'm not going to need the judges, I will win by knockout," said the Argentine.
Cotto, who now trains with the legendary Freddie Roach is aiming to win his fourth world title in four different weights.
No other Puerto Rican has ever achieved this and Martinez plans to stop his opponent from making history.
"He's looking to make history, more than he's already done. But that night he is not going to beat me. Cotto will be knocked out. He will end up going to sleep," added Martinez.
Cotto, 33, is coming off a victory against Delvin Rodriguez when he stopped the Dominican fighter in the third round.
Martinez has not fought since his win over Britain's Martin Murray in April last year. Martinez injured his knee and after the fight had surgery which left him out the ring for six months.
Murray knocked Martinez down during their contest before losing a close decision - which many said the Manchester fighter won.
The legacies of both fighters is already sealed but this one victory for either will all but cement their place in the hall of fame.
Write for GiveMeSport! Sign-up to the GMS Writing Academy here: http://gms.to/1a2u3KU