Barcelona are being linked with a shock move for Charlton Athletic midfielder - and reported Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur target - Diego Poyet.
According to The Sun, the 18-year-old - who will be out of contract at The Valley at the end of the current season - is being monitored by the Spanish giants ahead of a proposed switch.
Barca boss Tata Martino is said to have been impressed by the son of Sunderland manager Gus Poyet, and is keen to bring him to Camp Nou on a free transfer this summer.
Poyet junior has attracted a growing list of admirers, though, and scouts from both Arsenal and Tottenham were present to see him in action in Tuesday night's 1-0 victory over Bournemouth in the Championship.
The London Evening Standard reported yesterday that moves to White Hart Lane or the Emirates Stadium remain a possibility for the England youth international, so Barcelona will face serious competition if they want to secure the player's signature.
Arsene Wenger boasts a glowing reputation for nurturing and developing young talent, while Tim Sherwood could gain an advantage in negotiations given that Poyet senior represented Spurs for a period during his own playing days.
Charlton remain determined to keep the talented teenager in south east London, but new Addicks boss Jose Riga was reluctant to discuss the finer details of the offer that is on the table.
“The contract is our business," he said. "We have our eyes very open on this.
“I’m sure the environment and family of Charlton will always make sure he receives good advice.
“He feels good here and with the way we are trying to play. He’s happy.”
However, when asked earlier in the week about speculation linking his son with Barcelona, Poyet senior hinted that it might be an opportunity that is too good to turn down.
"It would be a spectacle to see my son Diego at Barcelona," admitted the Black Cats boss.