Rex Ryan certainly didn’t get the life lesson he needed.
You know it’s always silly to get a tattoo of someone or something that could be temporary. Girlfriends, team logos, boy bands, pre-empting winners…
Tattoo mistakes are aplenty online and they are hilariously tragic. Rex Ryan has the same issue though.
For those who don’t know, last year he was spotted on holiday sporting a tattoo on his upper right arm of the number 6 jersey of Mark Sanchez on a pinup style lady.
If you don’t know the current news, Sanchez is gone. Injured, lacklustre and butt fumbling are some of the words he could be described with.
So the New York Jets, especially now they have a plan in place over new starter Geno Smith, rightly got rid of him. Or at least you would think that the Jets have a plan.
But the plan we need now is something urgent, something to “cover up” something potentially embarrassing.
That’s where I come in. Rex Ryan has said he’s going to alter it, possibly to reflect Winston Hill changing it to number 75… How that works from a 6, I don’t know.
So what can we do to cover up Rex Ryan’s tattoo? I’ve got a few ideas:
1) Black it out. This is the simplest option, let’s be honest. He could just cover his upper right arm in black. Although it’s not going to look great, but neither is a tattoo of Mark Sanchez so it’s the lesser of two evils.
2) Make a sleeve out of it. How committed to the Jets is Rex Ryan? This would be a good test. Pundits I speak to are regularly surprised that Rex Ryan even has a job there still and that the powers that be haven’t rung in the changes.
So, what could he have? How about putting more players on his arm and turning it into a nice piece of history. Lets get a few legends on there like Joe Namath, Emerson Boozer, Don Maynard and Fireman Ed on multiple pinup ladies!
3) Cover it up by turning him into an animal. Lots of people cover tattoos with other things. Sometimes these are tribal patterns or colours. I’d like to think he could have some kind of animal going around arm or down it, blending in with the Sanchez piece. It’d have to be green though. Now, what animals are green...
4) Get it removed by lasers. Sure, why don’t you take the uncreative way out? It’s not like your plays have been any more creative than that idea, have they?* *That was a joke, don’t get tetchy Jets fans.
5) Get more Sanchez tattoos. Maybe it isn’t the team. Maybe it is just Sanchez himself. You could do a great tattoo picture of his entire career. Stick his USC jersey on there and his soon to be Philadelphia Eagles one too. Let’s make it a big ol’ arm mural of sexy Sanchez tattoos.
6) Change it to Winston Hill. Honestly if you can tell me how you change the number 6 to a number 75 with a tattoo cover up, leave a comment, because that is going to be hard.