David Moyes insists he has the full backing of the Manchester United squad after rumours surfaced that suggested he'd lost the support of the dressing room.
Moyes has today said that couldn't be further from the truth, and he retains the full confidence of the United squad.
Rio Ferdinand has admitted the team have been "embarrassed" by the club's recent form, which has suffered defeats to Manchester City and Liverpool at Old Trafford this month.
Reports earlier this week had claimed senior United players were considering taking their concerns to the board, with a view to removing Moyes from his position.
But Moyes believes the squad is still behind him, amid rumours of unrest and player revolt.
When asked if he still has the full backing of the players, Moyes said: "Definitely. No reason to suggest anything else.
"They're great, they train great, we work well together and we have a great relationship as far as I'm concerned. But what I want is for us to have a winning team, me and them together.
"The players know exactly what it is to play for Manchester United and the standards they have to set. But they're hurting as well as me and are desperate to put it right."
United face Aston Villa at Old Trafford on Saturday, looking to reverse the club's recent disastrous form at home.
A top four spot in the Premier League now looks extremely unlikely, which leaves Champions League qualification difficult at best for the defending league champions.
That would have to win the Champions League to qualify for next year's competition, a proposition that looks tricky considering they face Bayern Munich in the quarter-finals next week.