Both Manchester United and Arsenal are ready to revive their interest in Cesc Fabregas after his future at Barcelona fell in to doubt, reports the Daily Mail.
The Spanish international has been targeted by Barcelona fans in recent weeks, who have deemed it fit to boo his every touch and call for him to be sold on internet forums.
Fabregas dreamed of playing for Barcelona, but that dream is quickly turning into a nightmare as he is pinned as the scapegoat for their troubles under Gerardo Martino last summer.
It is now reported that Barcelona officials will discuss the prospect of selling the midfielder this summer and both Manchester United and Arsenal are ready to take him off their hands.
Fabregas has publicly announced his intentions to return to Arsenal one day, where he captained the side from the tender age of 21. He is still held in high regard at the Emirates Stadium and it seems a return would suit all parties.
Of course there is also the clause that allows Arsene Wenger to repurchase Fabregas for £35m should the move fail to work out - as it threatens to do at this moment in time.
Arsene Wenger revealed last summer that Fabregas would always be welcome at London Colney but insisted he had been told the 26-year-old wanted to stay at Barcelona for at least one more year.
But Manchester United, who reportedly took the decision to sack David Moyes on Monday morning, are set to launch a huge offensive into the transfer market and are believed to be investing as much as £200m in a struggling squad.
Fabregas was a main target for Manchester United last summer but the move failed. Fabregas later said he would not have moved to Old Trafford to three times his current wages.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms