Manchester United are still planning to approach Jurgen Klopp and Pep Guardiola to sound out their interest in replacing David Moyes despite both managers insisting they're not interested.
Both Guardiola and Klopp reaffirmed their commitment to their respective clubs, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund, after Moyes was sacked by Manchester United.
But the Manchester Evening News reports that United have not taken any candidate off their shortlist despite the public snubs delivered earlier this week.
When asked about United's interest, Klopp said his commitment to Borussia Dortmund was "unbreakable" while Bayern Munich boss Guardiola said he plans to stay at least two more seasons at the Allianz Arena.
Both coaches are well regarded and would feature highly on United's wish-list to replace Moyes, who was sacked after 10 months in charge on Tuesday morning.
But the report claims United CEO Ed Woodward and the Glazer family will run through their shortlist methodically, approaching each candidate in order of preference regardless of whether they're currently employed or have publicly taken themselves out of consideration.
United reportedly privately concede that Klopp and Guardiola remain long-shots, but they're not prepared to strike them off their shortlist without at least inquiring first.
Real Madrid's Carlo Ancelotti and Dutch manager Louis van Gaal are the most likely candidates at this stage.