Atletico Madrid sporting president Jose Luis Caminero has revealed the La Liga outfit expect Diego Costa to still be at the Vicente Calderon next season.
Costa, who is valued at around £35million, has been stringently linked with a move to the Premier League during the course of the last few months - with Chelsea said to be leading the race for his signature.
The 25-year-old is said to be keen on a move to England in the summer, however Atletico Madrid are planning to reject all offers for their star striker.
Caminero, speaking to FourFourTwo, said on his plans to keep Costa at the club: "Last year we wanted to consolidate the group of players that we currently have.
"We renewed the contracts of pretty much all of them, including Diego Costa.
"Our minds are set on keeping this group of players together and steadily bring in one or two more, who can reinforce what we're doing with our project.
"We want all our big players to stay and we're planning for next season with him."
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is keen on signing Costa as his current crop of strikers have so far failed to convince him that they are worthy of a place in their squad.
Blues trio Fernando Torres, Samuel Eto'o and Demba Ba have struggled to hold down a spot in Mourinho's team due to their inability to perform to the Portuguese tactician's high standards on a regular basis.
Mourinho will be hoping Costa, who has scored 27 goals in 33 La Liga games so far this season, is out of form on Wednesday night as Chelsea face Atletico Madrid in the semi-finals of the Champions League.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms