Colin Kaepernick today spoke for the first time on reports that emerged in April citing the San Francisco 49ers as having been involved in a sexual assault incident in Miami.
The quarterback, speaking at the Turlock Mayor's Prayer Breakfast, was quick to deny the allegations before revealing that he has actually benefited from the reports in some ways:
"It's been put out that I did something wrong.
"Even though it's a bad circumstance, a bad situation, I feel like ultimately I've been blessed because it's changed my way of thinking. It's made me stronger.
"It's made me look at things differently," said the 26-year old Friday.
TMZ were the first to report that Kaepernick, and two other NFL players, were at the center of a sexual assault investigation following an incident at a Miami hotel room.
Since then however police reports have shown that none of the three have been charged with crimes, with the 25-year old female in question not citing any criminal activity in said reports.
Irregardless of the outcome of the investigation, it seems that the NFL star has been given a wake up call regarding his image and the situations he puts himself in.
The 2011 draft pick will look to keep the focus on on-field activities in future, with the San Francisco 49ers looking to bounce back from playoff heartbreak suffered at the hands of rivals the Seattle Seahawks last season.