Andre Johnson has been the Houston Texans number one receiver ever since being picked in the first round of the draft out of The University of Miami.
Johnson owns just about every receiving record in the history of the Texans franchise and has been outstanding for the side year after year.
Well it now seems that the 32-year old's 12th season with the franchise may not last too long.
The veteran wide receiver said Tuesday that he’s highly frustrated with the state of the franchise that went 2-14 last season. Johnson doesn’t plan to attend OTAs or an upcoming mandatory camp and is uncertain whether he wants to remain a Texan this year.
“Is this still the place for me?” Johnson asked following a media event, in which he presented the Houston Women’s Center with a $30,000 check.
On top of not planning to be at mandatory sessions, Johnson missed last week’s first voluntary workout with new Texans coach Bill O’Brien.
"Now I'm on my third head coach, that's something I give thought to," Johnson said. "I just look over my career, is it a place? I've only been to the playoffs twice. I think we've only had three winning seasons, two 8-8 seasons. I don't think any player wants to experience that.
Johnson is the franchise's all-time leading receiver with 927 receptions for 12,661 yards and 61 touchdowns in 11 seasons and caught a team high 109 passes for 1,407 yards and five TDs last season.
Owner Bob McNair said the Texans wouldn't take a step back in 2014 but drafting another defensive player in Clowney, leaving only Tom Savage - a fourth rounder - at QB and no big free agent pickups, things don't look like getting better in Houston for Johnson.