Fernando Alonso will not be leaving Ferrari in the near future; that is the claim of a spokesman as the Spaniard once again hinted at unease with the team.
On Wednesday, following comments from the chairman of Daimler, the parent company of Mercedes, Deiter Zetsche describing Alonso as "perhaps the best driver" on the F1 grid, the Spaniard responded saying he was "grateful" for that praise.
At the same time, speaking to Spanish media, he questioned the level of appreciation those closer to him have for the work he has done.
"It is interesting and it really seems curious to me that these types of things, this sort of praise, always comes from the other teams, from other people not from my own inner circle," Alonso is quoted by the Spanish sports newspaper AS.
Some took that comment as a indirect poke at Ferrari where he has been the lead driver since his arrival in 2010 and often outperformed the level of the car.
In the past year there has speculation of a number of options being available if Alonso was considering breaking his current Ferrari contract, which runs until 2016, with a shock return to McLaren or, as was started in Spain two weeks ago, a potential rekindling of the partnership with Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes.
However, according to a spokesman no such move away is likely to occur. He said: "He is committed to being involved in future projects, rebuilding the team to a winning one. He (Alonso) is not someone who is thinking about leaving," he was quoted by Spain's sports daily Marca.
Some onlookers believe Alonso holds much of the power within Maranello and that thought was made to look apparent by the quick and rare public response by company President Luca di Montezemolo who, on Thursday, went out of his way to ensure the image of a team fully behind its prize possession.
"Fernando is the best driver in the world, who always gives 200 per cent in the races," he said in a statement not just released to journalists but posted on the Official Ferrari website.
Di Montezemolo added that Alonso knew how "highly" he was rated by him and those within the team.
"I think it's incredible that there are still some so-called experts who don't understand that and are always looking for a polemical situation that simply doesn't exist," he added.
In the same Wednesday interview Alonso was asked about the impact of new team boss Marco Mattiacci following the departure of former boss Stefano Domenicali prior to the Chinese Grand Prix.
The two-time champion responded saying that Mattiacci's arrival had had very little impact so far claiming all operations at the track and in the factory remained very similar to before.
However, Di Montezemolo was keen to stress that the former CEO of Ferrari's North America operation would be instigating changes at every level once he had a full grasp of how the team currently worked.
"That's what I want, as do our drivers and our fans, while all the rest is just idle chat," he concluded.
The rumoured move to the currently dominant Mercedes team also appears to have been squashed following a report claiming Nico Rosberg has signed a new two-year contract extension.
Non-executive Chairman Niki Lauda had earlier attempted to stop the rumour by claiming both Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton were tied to long-term deals, though it was also earlier believed the German's contract expired at the end of this year
According to the BBC a spokesman for Mercedes confirmed: "We have long term relationships with both our drivers."
Write for GiveMeSport! Sign-up to the GMS Writing Academy here: http://gms.to/1a2u3KU
DISCLAIMER: This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeSport.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeSport.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.