Manchester United shocked the football world when they snapped up Luke Shaw from Southampton earlier this week. The reason? They'd just made the 18-year-old the most expensive teenager in the history of football.
That's right, Shaw's transfer is said to have cost the Red Devils around £31.5 million, putting him right at the very top of pricey-yet-precocious talent list.
Manchester United move
The former Southampton player has made just 60 Premier League appearances in his short career to date, although evidently he has something special about him, with Roy Hodgson including him in his England squad for the World Cup.
However despite his obvious potential, the fact that Manchester United decided to fork out so much to secure his services certainly surprised more than a few, not least because he cost more than some of the greatest to have graced the game.
Just to emphasise the fact that Shaw cost a pretty penny, the good folk over at Football Daily have put together this video which runs down the 10 most expensive teens of all time.
Check it out above!
Top 10 most expensive teens:
10. Sergio Aguero - Independiente to Atletico Madrid, £16m
9. John Obi-Mikel - Lyn to Chelsea, £16m
8. Alexandre Pato - Internacional to AC Milan, £16m
7. Anderson - Porto to Manchester United, £18m
6. Romelu Lukaku - Anderlecht to Chelsea, £18m
5. Sergio Ramos - Sevilla to Real Madrid, £18.5m
4. Antonio Cassano - Bari to Roma, £19.5m
3. Wayne Rooney - Everton to Manchester United, £25.6m
2. Marquinhos - Roma to PSG, £27m
1. Luke Shaw - Southampton to Manchester United, £31m