Adam Lallana is now officially a Liverpool player. The 26-year-old underwent a successful medical at Melwood after Southampton accepted a bid in the region of £25million, for the player.
The ex-Saint becomes Liverpool's third signing of the summer following the £4 million arrival of Southampton striker Rickie Lambert and the impending arrival of Emre Can.
Musing on Lallana's move, Brendan Rodgers told Liverpoolfc.tv: 'We are delighted to have secured the services of one of the Premier League's top talents in signing Adam Lallana.
'What is apparent about Adam is that his character is on a par with his talent. He is an exceptional young man and someone who has a love for the game - and, most importantly, a desire to progress and improve.
'Adam is motivated by being the best he can be and being part of something special. We believe he fits right in with what we are trying to do at Liverpool.'
10 things you didn't know about Adam Lallana
- Adam Lallana was born in St Albans and contrary to popular opinion he is not an Essex boy, having been raised in Ilford, Bournemouth.
- His grandfather is Spanish.
- Lallana’s football career began on the south coast at the Bournemouth Centre of Excellence, before eagle-eyed Southampton scouts snapped him up.
- The starlet joined the Saints in 2000 and made his senior debut in 2006 during a 5-2 thrashing of Yeovil. His performances earned him a three-year contract.
- A final day goal against Southend United made Lallana the first Saint to net 20 goals in a season since Mathew Le Tissier during the 1994-5 season.
- 11 goals in the 2010/11 season saw Lallana named in the League 1 team of the season.
- Lallana’s goal against Leeds United at home during the 2011/12 season broke a 12 year hoodoo of Southampton failing to win an opening day game. The season saw fellow Liverpool new boy Ricky Lambert pip his team-mate to the club player of the year award.
- Lallana was made Southampton club captain in 2012 and his first England cap followed in 2013.
- The midfield schemer will wear his favoured number 20 shirt at Anfield.
- His good looks have already led to a successful modelling career. Lallana has completed a fashion shoot with Esquire magazine and is a also a model for French Connection.
Follow Emdad Rahman on Twitter - @emdad07
Write for GiveMeSport! Sign-up to the GMS Writing Academy here: http://gms.to/1a2u3KU
DISCLAIMER: This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeSport.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeSport.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.