Football

Juventus rule out Arturo Vidal sale

Published 5 Comments

Football News
24/7

Juventus chief Giuseppe Marotta has ruled out selling midfielder Arturo Vidal to Manchester United this summer, insisting that the Chilean has told him that he's "happy' to be staying put in Turin and not be heading to Old Trafford.

Vidal has quickly emerged as one of the main transfer targets for Manchester United this summer, with new boss Louis van Gaal believed to be keen on landing the 27-year-old as part of his squad overhaul this summer.

Manchester United interest

However reports this week have placed the deal in doubt, with the Daily Mail claiming on Tuesday that Manchester United had opted to pull out of the race for his signature as the two teams struggled to agree a fee. 

Now Juventus appear to have put the final nail in the coffin for the transfer by emphatically denying that the dynamic midfielder will be sold. 

No sale

Speaking at a press conference to unveil new boss Massimiliano Allegri, who has stepped in to replace Antonio Conte who stepped down last evening, Marotta insisted that Vidal is going nowhere.

Related Articles

- Moggi hints at €50m Manchester United bid for Vidal
-
 Vidal is the perfect replacement for this Manchester United legend

“He is one of the most important players in the squad," he told reporters. "He is happy to be here. Many things have been written. We’ve never put him up for sale. Important clubs have asked after him, but we have never sat down to talk."

He also revealed that he'd spoken to Vidal about Manchester United's interest, and claimed that the player is happy to stay put at the Juventus Stadium.

"Players always have the power in these cases but I spoke to Vidal yesterday and he's happy to continue with us," he explained.

Counter claims

That claim is contrary to reports emerging from Italy however. Newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport said yesterday that one of the reasons behind Conte's departure from Juventus was the fact that an offer from Manchester United had been accepted by the club.

That was seemingly backed up by former director Luciano Moggi, who said that a €50 million offer was behind his exit. 

Protest

When quizzed if Vidal's future was a protest against Vidal's sale, he said: “It could be, but with an offer worth €50m you need to take it and find replacements.

“A club has to look at the balance sheet, as nowadays we see bankrupt clubs all the time and budgets must go hand in hand with sporting requirements.

Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms

Topics:
Manchester United
Premier League
Football

Article Comments

Report author of article

Please let us know if you believe this article is in violation of our editorial policy, please only report articles for one of the following reasons.

Report author

DISCLAIMER

This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeSport.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeSport.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.

Want more content like this?

Like our GiveMeSport Facebook Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to Facebook, don't ask me again

Follow GiveMeSport on Twitter and you will get this directly to you.

Already Following, don't ask me again

Like our GiveMeSport Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to G+, don't ask me again