Brazilian superstar Ronaldinho could be on his way to the MLS for the 2015 season, according to reports, in a move that could excite fans all across the US.
MLS has had somewhat of a boost in interest over the last month as soccer enjoys its post-World Cup honeymoon.
Major signings by MLS clubs such as Kaka, Frank Lampard and David Villa have also added to the excitement amongst fans across America, and it seems like another top name could be joining that list.
Several reports claim Ronaldinho is getting interest from MLS clubs, but it's understood one particular MLS side has already been ruled out.
"Ronaldinho has cancelled his contract with Atletico-MG. Boca still interested, as are some MLS teams," explained football writer Rupert Fryer.
Ronaldinho parted ways Atletico Mineiro on Monday after they agreed to terminate his contract with immediate effect.
It's believed the timing of his release from the Brazilian club was brought forward to accommodate his next move, which his agent and brother says will be announced shortly.
"He will play until he's 42! He will reveal his future destination on Wednesday," said De Assis.
MLS is not the only league linked with Ronaldinho, as teams from Brazilian are reportedly set to make a move, but they will have to fight off the challenge of another suitor, Argentina's Boca Juniors. And EPL side QPR are also said to be interested and preparing an audacious bid according to the Metro.
Despite the 34-year-old former two-time World Footballer of the Year's clear downward quality curve, teams are still interested in bringing the Brazilian icon to their club.
Ronaldinho has won 97 caps for Brazil, and although he wasn't a part of his nation's most recent World Cup squad, he did become a legend when he won the tournament as part of Brazil's 2002 squad.
Only time will tell whether or not Ronaldinho brings his silky skills to MLS for 2015.
Watch this space.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms