In an interview with Sky Sports, that Jose Mourinho has said that Fernando Torres will not leave Chelsea this summer.
With new signings Didier Drogba and Digeo Costa it would seem like Torres is surplus to requirements in Jose Mourinho side, however the Special One has said himself that Torres is not for sale.
"Three strikers is fundamental in a squad and we have three in Fernando, Didier and Diego," he said.
Torres broke the British transfer record with a move from Liverpool to Chelsea in January 2011 for £50 million.
A rough start
Torres played a total of 14 Premier League games for Chelsea in his debut season, scoring just one goal.
It took Torres 903 minutes of football to get his first Chelsea goal, scoring it in a 3-0 win over West Ham on April 23.
Torres is till yet to score more than 10 goals in the Premier League with Chelsea, his best total being 8 in the 2012/13 season from 36 appearances.
In his Chelsea career so far, Torres has played 100 Premier league games for the Blues. When you compare this to his 65 gaols from 102 Premier League appearances, it shows how much of a dip in form he suffered when he moved to London.
New singings could push Torres out
With Didier Drogba re signing for the club on a free transfer and Diego Costa signing for athletic Madrid for £32, many believed this would be the end of Torres' career in London and he would leave Chelsea.
It is therefore a surprise that Mourinho has come out and said that Torres is not for sale. This shows that maybe Mourinho still believes Torres can still fulfil his potential at the club.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms