Jackson Martinez is set to stay at Porto, according to the Portuguese club's chairman Pinto da Costa.
The Colombian striker - who arrived at Estadio do Dragao from Liga MX outfit Chiapas back in 2012 - has been utterly prolific during his two-year stint with Azuis e Brancos, netting 40 goals in just 60 Primeira Division games and leading Porto to the title in 2012/13.
Such form has inevitably led to much transfer speculation surrounding Martinez, with heavyweight Premier League trio Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal all credited with an interest in the 27-year-old.
However, despite such sustained rumours, Da Costa - in quotes that were attributed to him by Porto's official website and cited by Goal - confirmed Martinez's initial willingness to pen a new deal with his current employers and also claimed that, as part of that signed contract, his new €35 million release clause will only become active next summer.
"Two days ago, when he came back to Porto, we talked and he said, to me, to [director general] Antero Henriques, and to the coach [Julen Lopetegui], he wanted to stay in FC Porto, he wouldn't move and was willing to renew his contract," Da Costa said.
"After that, we set up a strategy and decided how we were going to handle the renewal. In the agreement we signed, we decided on three more years of contract and determined that the release fee won't take effect for this current transfer window or for the January one.
"Whoever wants him will have to talk to FC Porto. Those that went around stating Jackson would go here and there need to accept what I've always said: Jackson is staying in FC Porto."
The news that Martinez will remain in Portugal for the foreseeable future is fantastic news for Porto supporters, with the club evidently looking to win back their domestic crown from rivals Benfica.
New manager Julen Lopetegui has made a number of impressive signings so far this summer to complement Martinez, with Adrian, Bruno Martins Indi, Andres Fernandez and Yacine Brahimi all arriving on permanent deals and promising young La Liga duo Cristian Tello and Casemiro both joining on loan.
Watch: The latest Chelsea transfer news
Premier League suitors
Chelsea will presumably not be too disheartened to miss out on Martinez. Although Jose Mourinho has sanctioned the departures of Samuel Eto'o, Demba Ba and Romelu Lukaku so far this summer, deals for Diego Costa and Blues legend Didier Drogba should ensure they are not left short of options in the final third at Stamford Bridge.
While Arsenal started this current transfer window on the hunt for striking reinforcements, it is unclear if, with the signing of Alexis Sanchez and the impressive form displayed by Costa Rica international Joel Campbell, Arsene Wenger is still actively pursuing the signing of a new out-and-out forward to provide competition for Olivier Giroud.
Yaya Sanogo's four-goal haul in the Emirates Cup win over Benfica on Saturday, whilst only coming in a friendly match, may also prove that he is ready to step up after a unconvincing debut campaign at the Emirates Stadium.
Manchester United, meanwhile, could feasibly be in the market for a new frontman if, as expected by many, Javier Hernandez leaves Old Trafford in the coming weeks.
While Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie are surely guaranteed to start next season, new manager Louis van Gaal would surely look to replace the Mexican if he were indeed to find pastures new.
Martinez may have been a strong option despite barely featuring for Colombia at the World Cup, although it is questionable that he would have been content as a third-choice option.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms