Sebastian Buemi finishes the final pre-season test session fastest. The Swiss driver has dominated the pre season test by being quickest on four of the five tests we had.
The E. Dams team seem to have an advantage over the other teams as we head into Beijing. The French team were also very consistent in their race runs with Audi Sport ABT - the only team that are in touching distance of the team.
However, the dominance that Sebastian Buemi is showing at the moment may not translate into a race winning car when we start the season on September 13. This is because teams work on different strategies and setups in testing, as well as sandbagging their performance.
The beginning of the day was halted after 20 minutes of the session, as a Dragon Racing car stopped on track and needed to be recovered. Once the session got restarted Lucas Di Grassi had a moment on the exit of turn one, as he spun his Audi Sport ABT car onto the grass but was able to recover.
Sebastian Buemi went on to set a 1:32.519 to end the morning session fastest. The teams were then split into two groups to conduct a 13 lap race simulation.
Lucas Di Grassi ended the first race simulation fastest, but he could not set consistent lap times throughout the 13 laps, as he had to back off on two occasions. Nico Prost was proving the E. Dams dominance, by setting consistent and fast lap times throughout the simulation.
Buemi ended the second simulation fastest, while Nelson Piquet was the only driver to complete the full 13 lap distance.
The afternoon session was once again dominated with Sebastian Buemi and Nico Prost. Both E. Dams drivers finished the day first and second with Andretti Autosport's Frank Montagny finishing in third. The afternoon session also saw former F1 driver Heinz-Harold Frentzen taking the wheel of the Formula E test car.
Around 5,000 fans came down to watch the final test session and they saw a solid days running with over 1222 laps being completed. The teams are now beginning their preparations for China, as it is only three weeks to the start of the season.
FIA Formula E Championship
Day 5, Donington Park - Test Results (Combined Times):
1. Sebastien Buemi, e.dams-Renault, 1:31.792s
2. Nicolas Prost, e.dams-Renault, 1:32.117s
3. Franck Montagny, Andretti Autosport, 1:32.143s
4. Bruno Senna, Mahindra Racing, 1:32.249s
5. Sam Bird, Virgin Racing, 1:32.292s
6. Lucas di Grassi, Audi Sport ABT, 1:32.293s
7. Karun Chandhok, Mahindra Racing, 1:32.369s
8. Jerome d’Ambrosio, Dragon Racing, 1:32.646s
9. Stephane Sarrazin, Venturi, 1:32.663s
10. Nick Heidfeld, Venturi, 1:32.775s
11. Nelson Piquet, China Racing, 1:32.808s
12. Jaime Alguersuari, Virgin Racing, 1:32.821s
13. Charles Pic, Andretti Autosport, 1:32.841s
14. Daniel Abt, Audi Sport ABT, 1:32.867s
15. Jarno Trulli, Trulli, 1:32.892s
16. Oriol Servia, Dragon Racing, 1:33.411s
17. Antonio Garcia, China Racing, 1:33.469s
18. Takuma Sato, Amlin Aguri, 1:35.425s
19. Michela Cerruti, Trulli, 1:35.444s
20. Katherine Legge, Amlin Aguri, 1:38.112s