Manchester City defender Pablo Zabaleta has reassured fans that he will be available for action for the late match on Saturday against Arsenal, via the club's official website.
Zabaleta is a fans favourite at the Etihad, and some supporters may have been nervous that one of their key players would have been out of the clash, as he hobbled out of the game against Germany whilst on international duty with Argentina.
But the right back has eased the concerns of the City faithful, by declaring that it was just precautionary measure that saw him come off after a hard tackle, ironically from Arsenal star Lukas Podolski, and that he would be available to face the Gunners.
The 29-year-old told Manchester City's official website: "It was a hard tackle and I still have some discomfort but it's getting better each day.
"I still have a couple more days before we play though, and by then I should be fully fit. I've been doing some running on my own earlier in the week but I'll be fine for the game."
The boost for the game
The fact the vice captain will be back for the game should boost the confidence of the fans going into one of the first big title contender clashes of the season, and Zabaleta says that the fact City lost 3-0 to Arsenal in the Community Shield has absolutely no bearing on Saturday's result.
"It was the first game of the campaign, and the squad were not all back from the summer or 100 per cent fi," he said.
"That said, Arsenal are a very good team and it is always a hard game at the Emirates. They have improved their squad and brought in some great players to strengthen their title bid.
"But we are looking to bounce back after the Stoke defeat and we will go there to win three points. We are much stronger than we were a month ago and we will continue to improve and get back into our stride as each game goes by."
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms