It's time for us to take a look at another memorable sporting highlight from 2014 as we countdown to the number one moment of the year, which will be announced on New Year's Eve.
In at number 17 is the Seattle Seahawks' dominant display against the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XLVIII.
Billed as a match up between an incredible Broncos offense led by Peyton Manning, and the Seahawks' Legion of Boom defense it was the latter who came out on top - destroying the Broncos to help Seattle win out 43-8.
The huge win was the Seahawks franchise's first ever victory in the biggest show on Earth and head coach Pete Carroll masterminded a near perfect performance at MetLife Stadium.
Up 22-0 at half time Seattle only allowed Manning and Denver to register their first points with the final play of the third quarter.
Quarterback Russell Wilson completed 18-of-25 passes for 206 yards and two touchdowns but it was Seattle's top ranked defense - and Seattle's special teams - that really made the difference.
- Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII win costs furniture store $7million
- NFL Super Bowl XLVIII: Review
- Has Peyton Manning admitted he should have retired after Super Bowl XLVIII?
Seattle, through defensive end Cliff Avril, made a statement in the very first minute - forcing a safety on Denver's very first possession.
And the rest of the game followed a similar pattern. The Seahawks scored two TDs through defense and special teams with linebacker Malcolm Smith returning an interception for a 69-yard score before Percy Harvin taking the second half kick off return for an 87-yard touchdown.
Smith's score would play a major role in him being named the Super Bowl MVP.
As good as the Seahawks were, the Denver Broncos were a shadow of their record-breaking 2013 self.
The Broncos were limited to just 306 total yards - a measly 27 off which came on the ground. They also fumbled on four occasions, two of which were recovered by Seattle. Peyton Manning meanwhile finished with two interceptions thrown to just one touchdown.
19. Robin van Persie's remarkable header against Spain
20. Michael Sam comes out and gets drafted by Rams
21. A distraught defending #Wimbledon Champion Andy Murray
22. James Rodriguez won our hearts and the golden boot with this moment
23. Peyton Manning breaks Brett Favre's Touchdown record
24. Richard Sherman's outburst live on TV
25. Chelsea rout Arsenal 6-0
26. Ashes whitewash and Kevin Pietersen sacking
27. San Francisco Giants win the World Series
28. Angel di Maria signs for Manchester United
29. Wayne Rooney named England captain
30. Bradley Wiggins wins the world title