With Father Christmas' sleigh now safely back in the garage, and the promise of a New Year edging into closer, we're into the top three of GiveMeSport's sporting moments of the year. In at third on the podium is Luis Suarez's bite on Giorgio Chiellini.
The Uruguayan is no stranger to controversy after previously biting Branoslav Ivanovic and Ottman Bakkal during his days at Liverpool and Ajax, but his latest discrepancy on the international stage in front of such a global audience horrified the planet and saw him banned for four months as a result.
The incident occurred during a decisive match between Italy and Uruguay at the World Cup in Brazil back in the summer, with the winner prevailing to the knockout stages of the tournament.
Diego Godin ultimately sent the South American side through with a late winner, but the game only made the headlines for Suarez's act of madness and maliciousness.
The pair clashed in an off-the-ball incident in the penalty area, with the 27-year-old sinking his teeth into Chiellini only to remain on the field and provide the assist for Godin's dramatic winner.
Article continues below
Having previously been banned for racially abusing Patrice Evra, for swearing at Fulham fans and for his bite on Ivanovic, FIFA came down hard on Suarez and banned him from playing for four months.
The decision forced him to watch on as his country were eliminated from the competition by a James Rodriguez-inspired Colombia, and also prevented him from challenging for the Golden Boot.
Such a lengthy spell out also saw him have to wait until October's El Clasico against Real Madrid for his Barcelona debut, having swapped Anfield for the Camp Nou for a fee of £75 million.
Leading figures within the sport wanted him to receive a permanent ban and petitions were quickly constructed calling for him to never grace a football field again.
He has since been on his best behaviour during his spell in Catalonia, though has just three goals from 11 appearances in his new surroundings and will be hoping to recapture the form that made him the best striker on the planet during his days on Merseyside.
GMS moments so far...
4. Real Madrid finally win La Decima
5. Lewis Hamilton becomes F1 champion for a second time
6. Carl Froch knocks out George Groves in re-match at Wembley Stadium
7. Lizzy Yarnold wins skeleton gold at Sochi Winter Olympics
8. Derek Jeter retires from baseball
9. Europe retain the Ryder Cup
10. Oscar Pistorious convicted of killing Reeva Steenkamp
11. Rory McIlroy wins back-to-back majors
12. Atletico Madrid win La Liga
13. Liverpool's title challenge unravels
14. Liverpool's dramatic victories
15. David Moyes sacked by Manchester United
16. LeBron James confirms sensational Cleveland Cavaliers return
17. Seattle Seahawks blow out Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XLVIII
18. Jo Pavey wins European gold
19. Robin van Persie's remarkable header against Spain
20. Michael Sam comes out and gets drafted by Rams
21. Andy Murray crashes out of Wimbledon
22. James Rodriguez won our hearts and the golden boot
23. Peyton Manning breaks Brett Favre's Touchdown record
24. Richard Sherman's outburst live on TV
25. Chelsea rout Arsenal 6-0
26. Ashes whitewash and Kevin Pietersen sacking
27. San Francisco Giants win the World Series
28. Angel di Maria signs for Manchester United
29. Wayne Rooney named England captain
30. Bradley Wiggins wins the world title