Croatian striker Andrej Kramaric has agreed a four-and-a-half year deal with Chelsea and will become the club's first January signing according to the Sunday Times.
The 23-year-old has scored 28 goals in 31 games in the Croatian top flight and has been the subject of two bids from Leicester, however his club Rejika have so far turned down two bids from the Foxes.
It seems as though he's close to sealing a move to Stamford Bridge now though for a fee in the region of £4 million despite the fact he has a release clause of £1.5 million in his contract. The Sunday Times say that Kramaric has told his club that he will not enforce the move for that fee if he can choose which club he joins.
The paper adds that the forward has put pen to paper on a long-term deal that will keep him with Chelsea until 2019, and will immediately switch to Vitesse Arnhem, where the Blues have a host of players on loan.
Kramaric was warned against moving to Chelsea by Zdravko Mamic, executive president of the striker's former club Dinamo Zagreb, who said the move would be 'sporting murder' and 'the most embarrassing transfer in the history of Rejika.'
The move for Kramaric will cast doubt on Didier Drogba's future at Stamford Bridge beyond the end of the season. The 34-year-old returned to west London as back-up and hast started just two times in 16 appearances, scoring three times.
The Ivorian failed to find the back of the net in Chelsea's FA Cup third round win over Watford yesterday despite being handed a start against the Championship side. It was down to second-choice striker Loic Remy to get the job done, with the Frenchman bagging his side's second after Willian had broken the deadlock.
Kurt Zouma rounded off a 3-0 win by heading home from a Cesar Azpilicueta cross. Next up for Chelsea is a home tie against Newcastle, where Jose Mourinho's side will look to bounce back from their 5-3 hammering against Tottenham.