When a WWE Superstar is arrested for whatever charge, the industry would be disappointed enough, let alone suffering another arrest through the charge of a WWE legend sometime after.
This was the case with both WWE wrestler Heath Slater and WWE legend Kevin Nash, who were both forced to take time off from the company following arrests for simple assault and domestic violence, respectively.
Now though, those in charge at WWE will have been happy to learn that both legal matters regarding these two names in the industry have been resolved and that the charges for both men have been dropped.
Slater was being charged for an incident which occurred during a post-WrestleMania 27 party almost four years ago, and has not been seen on WWE television since the arrest was made. However, as Newsradio 106.7 reported via Wrestling Inc, Slater is apparently now no longer charged.
"Newsradio 106.7 in Atlanta reports that the simple assault charges against Heath Miller, a.k.a. Heath Slater, have been dropped because the statute of limitation had expired. A misdemeanor arrest warrant was issued in early December for Miller for an alleged assault incident at a hotel following a WrestleMania after-party in 2011."
- Big name tag team set to implode before WrestleMania?
- Daniel Bryan returns to action and Seth Rollins cashes in - Smackdown review 15th January
- John Cena's Royal Rumble opponent may have been finalized
What is not clear however is when Slater, if at all, will be returning to WWE programming. With regard to Kevin Nash's arrest, he was charged following an incident with his son on Christmas Eve of last year.
WWE though are said to have reinstated Nash's contract, following his dropped charges, with PWInsider reporting that the industry released the following statement on their website.
“Now that Kevin Nash’s legal matter has been resolved with all charges being dropped, his “legends” contract has been immediately reinstated.”
Nash, however, did state that he would not be looking to return to the company, but following a tweet announcing that all of the charges had been dropped, he received a few words of encouragement to possibly suggest a return.
These came from none other than Shawn Michaels, who said:
"Then I'll see you Monday...if I gotta go, you gotta go!!!" referring to the go-home edition of Monday Night Raw ahead of the Royal Rumble pay-per-view event, which takes place on January 25th.
It remains to be seen therefore which direction WWE will take both Heath Slater and Kevin Nash in following their incidents. Whatever they choose to do will be interesting to see given the positive message WWE is trying to give to its fans.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms