Chelsea transfer news: Jose Mourinho wants deal for Juan Cuadrado

Published 1 Comments

Chelsea have a challenge on their hands tonight as they head to Anfield for the first-leg of their Capital One Cup semi-final, but win or lose fans have been given some pretty exciting transfer news to stew over after today.

With the unpredictable Jose Mourinho at the helm and the billions of pounds that Roman Abramovich has at his disposal no big transfers can ever truly be ruled out at Stamford Bridge, so let’s take a look at some of the more glamorous rumours to be found doing the rounds today.

Cuadrado deal on the horizon

Starting with arguably the biggest news of the day, it’s claimed that Chelsea are ready to consent to paying the £26.8 million needed to trigger the release clause of Fiorentina star Juan Cuadrado, who is also wanted by Manchester United.

The Colombia star has been linked with a Premier League switch for around 12 months now, with it being heavily inferred that he would move in the summer transfer window of 2014.

However now it’s said that Mourinho is taking things up a gear, with the Blues having contacted Cuadrado’s representatives in a bid to ensure that a deal can be engineered before the market slams shut on February 2.

Article continues below

Marin future

Elsewhere the future of Marko Marin was all but made certain today, with Chelsea letting him join Anderlecht on loan until the end of the season. The midfielder, who excelled at Sevilla last term before trying his hand at Fiorentina, could ultimately join on a permanent deal in the summer, as his contract will include such a clause.

Double transfer blow

Despite all of Mourinho’s skill in the transfer market though it would appear that both Martin Odegaard and Lionel Messi could elude him.

Real Madrid are said to have agreed a deal with Odegaard today, meaning that the Norwegian youngster won’t be signing on at Stamford Bridge, and Messi looks as though if he’s going anywhere it will be to Louis van Gaal’s United.

Mourinho rejection

Lastly Mourinho himself has confirmed that he rejected the chance to sign both Angel Di Maria and Radamel Falcao last year, after super agent Jorge Mendes alerted him to the fact that both players were looking for new clubs.

Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE:

Premier League
Transfer News

Article Comments

Report author of article

Please let us know if you believe this article is in violation of our editorial policy, please only report articles for one of the following reasons.

Report author


This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.

Want more content like this?

Like our GiveMeSport Facebook Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to Facebook, don't ask me again

Follow GiveMeSport on Twitter and you will get this directly to you.

Already Following, don't ask me again

Like our GiveMeSport Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to G+, don't ask me again