Around the same time last year the WWE’s big plan to bring Dave Batista back as a big face heading into WrestleMania XXX failed miserably, this forced the WWE to turn him heel and they also succumbed to the pressure the WWE Universe piled on them.
The ‘movement’ caused by the WWE Universe last year and the immense rise in popularity for Daniel Bryan and his ‘YES!’ chant resulted in the fans forcing the WWE’s hand to make the main event of WrestleMania XXX a triple threat match between Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton and Batista, in a match where Daniel Bryan walked out the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion.
It was a great journey and a great story told by the WWE, but this time the WWE don’t plan on doing the same.
Just like last year, there was a lot of controversy surrounding the Royal Rumble. Whether it was the winner in Roman Reigns, the fact that Daniel Bryan was eliminated early on, how Dolph Ziggler and Dean Ambrose had minimal roles or the manner in which it finished, the fans are still vocal about this topic.
This week on Thursday Night SmackDown Triple H told the WWE Universe he will make a huge announcement on Monday Night Raw, and deep down the fans will be hoping Daniel Bryan can somehow be inserted into the championship match between Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns; or anything of that standard.
Article continues below
But there’s bad news for WWE fans as the WWE have no plans of making Bryan the star he was last year.
WASTED FAN SUPPORT
The Wrestling Observer have reported that regardless of the support the fans show Daniel Bryan and how much they pressurise the WWE and how much Bryan gets over, the WWE won’t make him the face of the WWE again.
The top executives in the WWE including Vince McMahon don’t believe he can be the top guy or the legitimate face of the company, and Vince hasn’t really been Bryan’s biggest fan even though he fills out arenas and rakes in a lot through merchandise sales.
Earlier this week both Dolph Ziggler and Daniel Bryan teased a WrestleMania confrontation when the show off ‘challenged’ Bryan to a match and the opportunity to steal the show, to which Bryan accepted. But before this tease, the WWE had no plans to give into the WWE Universe and they wouldn’t add Bryan into the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match.
ZIGGLER VS BRYAN
The WWE have also picked up on this challenge issued by Dolph Ziggler, and the plan is now to work towards a match between Ziggler and Bryan and they don’t class it as a main event match, even though the likelihood is that given enough time, this match could be the match of the night.
The WWE are going to try and make the fans feel involved, they will promote this a lot in the upcoming weeks and once it is accepted, they hope it will feel like a ‘movement’ again.
Vince McMahon has never been fond of Daniel Bryan and it was no secret that he wasn’t happy to include Bryan in the main event last year and by the looks of things as long as Vince is in charge, Daniel Bryan won’t be seeing the WWE World Heavyweight Championship for a while.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms