It has been a turbulent weekend for Nigel Pearson, with Leicester City suffering their 15th loss of the season against Crystal Palace and on Sunday media reports claiming that the Englishman had been dismissed from his duties.
Bottom club Leicester have since denied the reports and a statement issued just after 22:00 on Sunday confirmed Pearson was very much still in charge.
The club said "Reports to the contrary are inaccurate and without foundation.
"Nigel, his staff and the first team squad are entirely focused on Tuesday night's trip to Arsenal and our continued efforts to secure our position in the Premier League."
After leading the Foxes to promotion from the Championship last season, Pearson has managed to win just four of 24 games in the Premier League.
Leicester legend Gary Lineker took to Twitter to criticise the club for taking so long to confirm Pearson's status at the club.
.@OfficialFOXES why did it take you so long to rubbish such a widespread report?
— Gary Lineker (@GaryLineker) February 8, 2015 "/>
It has been an eventful season for all the wrong seasons as Pearson was given a touchline ban and fined for insulting a Leicester fan during the 3 - 1 defeat by Liverpool. On Saturday, the Leicester boss was involved in a touchline tangle with Palace's James McArthur where he appeared to grab the midfielder around the throat while on the floor.
The incident has been played-down as a friendly exchange between the two after McArthur accidentally tackled Pearson.
However, Pearson then held McArthur by the shirt as he attempted to return to the pitch. When asked why Pearson offered this explanation.
"He said something to me. I don't have to reveal anything, do I? I'm more than capable of looking after myself. There's no problem with the player."
Pearson insisted that Leicester will keep on fighting for Premier League survival until the last whistle.
"If people write us off, fair enough.There is absolutely no way we'll going to be writing ourselves off."