Former UFC Heavyweight champion, Brock Lesnar is reportedly set to pass over a return to MMA and resign with the WWE.
According to reports, including a comment from a WWE insider, the chances of Lesnar signing a contract extension are now 'good', despite reports last year saying Lesnar was set on a UFC return.
The current WWE World Heavyweight champion is coming up to the end of a lucrative two year contract with the WWE and a return to the UFC was rumoured.
However, 'The Beast' is apparently worried about the long term effects of MMA, specifically possible concussions and may take the safer route with the WWE.
A big blow to the UFC, a big win for the WWE
If the reports are true and Lesnar does intend to resign with the WWE, then it will deny the UFC cashing in on one of their biggest draws of all-time once again.
Only Georges St-Pierre and Anderson Silva could rival the Minnesota native when it came to selling PPV buys and they're both absent at the moment as well.
As for the WWE, it will certainly be a big plus to have Lesnar around for another couple of years, but whether they can afford him is another thing.
Lesnar is happy with his current deal because it means a big payday for minimal dates but if he was to resign, the WWE are likely to want to drop his annual fee a bit - to compensate for their move away from PPV.
UFC stars still calling out the champ
Although the rumours say that Lesnar is set to stay with the WWE, that hasn't stopped heavyweight fighters like Frank Mir and Josh Barnett from calling out Lesnar.
Just this Sunday, Mir said after Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva that he was down for a rematch with Lesnar, which would be a rubber match in a trilogy of fights.
Barnett has also said he'd be glad to welcome Lesnar in his return to the Octagon and there will be many others who'll want a piece of him as well.
For now though, any decision to resign with the WWE or the UFC isn't likely to be announced until after WrestleMania 31 - where Lesnar will meet Roman Reigns in the main event.