Brock Lesnar is set to defend his WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania XXXI later this month, but it seems last week's now infamous argument between Lesnar and McMahon could have lasting effects on the biggest event of the year.
There have been various reports coming out of WWE since last Monday night when Brock Lesnar stormed out of Raw and refused to appear despite being advertised and scheduled for the show. Instead, Paul Heyman came out to address the WWE Universe on his behalf.
Speculation suggested that it had something to do with his WrestleMania XXXI opponent Roman Reigns, but after the company denied those reports, it seems the actual reason for the argument is being kept within the people in the know at WWE.
It has been reported by Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer, that the argument did get so loud and there was "yelling and screaming" to the extent that some people within WWE were concerned for Vince.
It has also been reported that at Tuesday night's Smackdown tapings, the creative team were set to create back-up plans for WrestleMania's main event just in case Lesnar didn't appear.
Article continues below
But Vince said that Lesnar is contractually obligated to appear at WrestleMania in less than four weeks, and if he doesn't then he will sue Lesnar for breach of contract.
WWE officials are now said to be confident that Lesnar will be working WrestleMania, despite UFC rumors currently surrounding the former champion.
Lesnar is not scheduled for another WWE appearance until next Monday night, and following that he is expected to play a part in the go-home episode of Raw before WrestleMania XXXI.
Whether or not Lesnar makes these appearances will be a hint as to whether or not he will be a part of the "Showcase of the Immortals" on March 29th, but this close to the event, it is unlikely WWE will want to change their main event for the biggest show of the year.