Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has rubbished reports that the club have launched a £30million bid for Palermo striker Paulo Dybala.
Reports emerged yesterday that the Gunners had already started to work on a deal which would bring the Argentine to the Emirates Stadium at the end of the season, but in this morning's press conference, Wenger denied the reports.
Dybala, who has had a superb season for Palermo, has been strongly linked with a move away from the club this summer, and whilst giving an interview to Radio Marte, the club's president Mauro Zamparini revealed that two clubs had made offers already for the striker.
Zamparini said: "Juventus and Arsenal have already made offers.
"The lad’s agent will be in Italy on Friday and I’m asking for more than €40m (£29m)."
The 21-year-old however is eager to stay in Italy so that would make Serie A champions Juventus the favourites to sign him, but Zamparini continued by adding that if the striker were to leave the country, he would favour a move to Arsenal due to the style of football they play.
"Dybala would prefer to stay in Italy, but among the British teams Arsenal are his first choice because of the way Wenger’s team plays."
Arsenal aren't the only English club to be linked with Dybala as both Chelsea and Manchester United have been monitoring his situation at Palermo and have also been scouting him for a large proportion of the season.
However, this morning Wenger put a spanner in the works by confirmed that no formal offer has been made from the north London club and he urged the reporters to ask Palermo to show their confirmation of the offer.
When questioned about the striker in his press conference, as reported by the Express, Wenger said: “Ask [Maurizio Zamparini] to show you the offer.
“[Interest?] Not all all.”
Wenger was talking ahead of Arsenal's crucial Premier League game against Liverpool which takes place at the Emirates Stadium on Saturday.