AS Roma star Radja Nainggolan has dismissed a report linking him with a summer move to Manchester United.
The Belgium international has been linked with a move to Old Trafford after press reports in Italy allegedly spotted the midfielder in Manchester, something the 26-year-old has since denied. Nainggolan has told Italian newspaper Leggo that he was not in Manchester, but was in Rome training for Saturday’s Serie A match against Inter Milan.
“To be training and placed somewhere else is hard,” Nainggolan told Leggo.
The United target then tweeted the same quote on his Twitter page, before adding three emoticons that appear to be laughing at the end, suggesting a move to England is not on the cards.
United looking for additions
United are looking to bolster their squad for next season, after a strong end-of-season finish that could see the Red Devils finish second in the Premier League.
Roma reportedly put Nainggolan up for sale earlier this week, slapping a £29 million price tag on the midfielder. The Serie A club were inviting bids for one of their prized possessions as they try and balance the books ahead of other potential deals this summer.
The 26-year-old joined Roma from Serie A rivals Cagliari in January 2014 and is under contract at the Stadio Olimpico until 2018. Despite the transfer interest, Nainggolan is expected to start for the Giallorossi on Satuday in their crunch Serie A tie with Inter Milan.
Roma sit third in the league, level on points with rivals Lazio as they attempt to secure a second successive top-two finish.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/1a2aYpZ