Chelsea and Monaco have agreed terms on a transfer for Radamel Falcao according to Sunday Times journalist Duncan Castles.
The Colombian endured a disastrous spell on loan with Manchester United last season where he managed just four Premier League goals, however he is set to be granted another chance by Jose Mourinho.
The Monaco striker is believed to have already agreed terms with Chelsea and now Castles says the move is virtually complete after the two clubs came to an agreement. The deal is likely to be a loan deal with an option to buy, similar to his agreement with Manchester United last season.
Prior to his loan spell with the Red Devils, Falcao was considered one of the most feared strikers on the planet, scoring 150 times in just over 200 club appearances for various European clubs including Porto and Atletico Madrid.
Chelsea are in need of at least one new striker after Didier Drogba confirmed his second spell in west London was at an end, while there has also been reports that Loic Remy could be considering leaving the club for more regular action.
Cech set for showdown talks with Chelsea
Petr Cech is set to meet with Chelsea officials to discuss his future at Stamford Bridge later on today according to Sky Sports.
The 32-year-old was forced to play second fiddle to Thibaut Courtois last season and made just six Premier League starts. According to Sky Sports the Czech international is interested in the idea of moving to Premier League rivals Arsenal, although his current club will only consent to going down that route if the deal suits them.
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has previously hinted he would let Cech join the Gunners - but only if he was used as part of a swap deal.
“Every club that is interested in Petr, I can find a player that I like in that team, too. My answer [on his future] is not important. My answer is not important because the owner is the owner, he is the person with the perspective I admire a lot, respect a lot.
“He respects a lot of people who do important things for him."
Chelsea in race to sign Sergio Ramos
Chelsea and Manchester City are preparing to compete with Manchester United for the signature of Sergio Ramos according to the Sunday People.
The Real Madrid defender is said to be unhappy and is seeking an exit from the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium. The 29-year-old is reportedly unhappy at the Bernabeu after Rafa Benitez was annouced as Carlo Ancelotti's replacement and demanded a contract worth around £10m-per-year.