Petr Cech has criticised the Chelsea fans that sent him death threats following the announcement of his move to Premier League rivals Arsenal.
Cech's eagerly anticipated journey across London was completed on Monday after the Gunners agreed a £10m fee with Chelsea.
The Czech Republic international posted a message to Chelsea fans within minutes of the announcement thanking them for their support over his 11-years at the club.
Article continues below
Most of the responses from the Stamford Bridge faithful were positive, but others chose to send despicable messages to their former hero.
Cech has denounced those that chose to respond with such aggression and thanked the majority who have wished him well for the future.
Article continues below
He is quoted in the Daily Mail as saying: "The true fans have sent me messages that are pleasing and positive. True fans will appreciate what I've done and the legacy I've left.
"There are some people who have left me negative messages, but they aren't true Chelsea fans."
A different story
In what has been the biggest transfer of the summer so far, Cech has also since revealed that only work permit problems stopped him signing for the club as a teenager.
The 33-year-old went onto sign for French club Rennes before eventually making the all-important move to Chelsea in 2004.
He said: "There was a chance before I went to France that I could sign for Arsenal but I was only 18 or 19 and at that time Czech Republic were not in the European Union."
"You needed a work permit and the conditions were to play 75 per cent of the first-team games for the national team, which at the time was impossible for me to get. In the end I went to France because I couldn't get a work permit.
“I had a few teams who were interested but Arsenal was one of the main ones. I was so excited because of the Premier League and big clubs but unfortunately it was not the time for me to come."
Another Cech story
The arrival of Cech may be good news for Arsenal fans, but it is certainly bad for Wojciech Szczesny. The Polish goalkeeper is set to stay on the bench for the foreseeable future after originally losing his place to David Ospina in January.
According to Poland legend Jan Tomaszewski, Wenger lied to Szczesny over his future role and the club and has urged the player to leave in the current summer window to avoid wasting his career.
Tomaszewski said: “In January I spoke to [Poland manager] Adam Nawalka and he said that Arsene Wenger had told him that if Szczesny worked hard in training he would play again soon.
“It turned out that he didn't tell the truth. I'm sure that when Szczesny said that he was going to stay at Arsenal, he didn't know that Cech was going to come because Wenger didn't tell him about his plans. Szczesny should leave, because it will be a waste of time for him, if he stays.”