West Brom have rejected an offer from Tottenham for striker Saido Berahino.
Spurs have been linked with Berahino for much of the summer and finally made their opening move for the England Under-21 international on Tuesday.
The bid, reported to be £15 million, was swiftly turned down with Albion chairman Jeremy Peace insisting the club have ''no interest'' in selling the 22-year-old.
BECOME A WRITER
Do you have what it takes? Sign up today and send over your 250 word test article: http://gms.to/haveyoursay3
Despite the recent club-record arrival of Salomon Rondon for £12 million from Zenit Saint Petersburg, West Brom remain keen to keep one of the country's top English talents.
''We have no interest in selling Saido which is what I have told (Tottenham chairman) Daniel Levy,'' Peace said in a statement on the club's official website.
"I know we are living in an age where no club can say 'never' about the possibility of selling a player. However, the prospect of selling Saido is simply not on our agenda.
"We are going forward with Saido very much in our plans and still striving to add players to improve the balance of our squad."
Berahino has started in both of West Brom's games of the new Premier League season and remains a key part of head coach Tony Pulis' plans.
However, after the goalless draw at Watford on Saturday Pulis admitted the club would not turn down a ''ridiculous offer'' for the player, who was called up into the England senior squad last year.
Tottenham are expected to return with an improved offer for Berahino as they seek to bolster their striking department after the departure of Roberto Soldado to Villarreal last week.
Berahino scored 14 goals in 32 Premier League starts last season but has yet to get off the mark during the current campaign.