Daniel Bryan has said a ‘respectable doctor’ has cleared him to wrestle again, but the WWE won’t allow him because they are worried about his concussion history.
According to Wrestling Inc, the former WWE World Heavyweight Champion was answering questions during Wizard World in Chicago when one fan asked him when he was coming back to the WWE.
Bryan has been out of action from the WWE since May 11 of this year when he announced on Raw he would be out for an unknown amount of time, and raised the concern that he may have to retire, upsetting many members of the WWE Universe.
SIGN UP NOW
Want to become a GMS writer? Sign up now and submit a 250 word test article: http://gms.to/haveyoursay4
Yesterday though, he announced that a ‘respectable doctor’ had cleared him to wrestle again, but at the moment the WWE is reluctant to place him back in the ring because of his history of concussions. In May last year, Bryan had to undergo neck surgery and was out until December.
Bryan had said according to Wrestle Zone that he is training as if he is going to return, but he doesn’t know when that return is going to come as the decision isn’t his to make. He’s so confident in himself, that he said he could wrestle at SummerSlam if the WWE added him to the event.
Bryan is one of the biggest draws to the WWE, as many members of the WWE Universe love his ‘YES!’ chants and perseverance through all tough times, especially during his feud with The Authority. It would be idiotic for the WWE not to clear Bryan to wrestle, especially during this tough time which it is going through in terms of viewership.
Brock Lesnar is the man Bryan would love to wrestle if the WWE allows him to return to the ring. Could we see this as his possible return feud if the WWE clears him to wrestle again?