Chelsea fans, hello and welcome to the first round-up of the week.
It’s a Monday morning and none of us really want to be over-exerting ourselves, so we’ll keep this snappy.
Below we’ve compiled the biggest Chelsea stories of the day - we’ve even made a nifty roundup video you can watch below. Leave your thoughts and comments in the box provided. Enjoy.
SUBMIT AN ARTICLE
Apply to become a GMS writer by signing up and submitting a 250 word test article: http://gms.to/haveyoursay5
Article continues below
Belgium were far from impressive as they beat Cyprus 1-0 in the Euro 2016 qualifiers last night, with boss Marc Wilmots singling out Chelsea’s Eden Hazard for particular criticism.
Despite the fact the playmaker scored the only goal of the game, Wilmots said after the match that he had been the worst player, insisting that he’d thought about substituting him.
Article continues below
"He (Hazard) was the worst tonight," Wilmots said, as per the London Evening Standard.
"I thought about substituting him, but in the last 10 minutes he always has the ability to do that. At the World Cup, this was the case.
"I obviously expect more from him, but he will grow as the season progresses."
It’s true that Hazard hasn’t been at the races so far this term, but with Belgium now just a point behind Wales in their qualification group, his goal against Cyprus may yet turn out to be massive.
Drogba's debut heroics
In other Blues-based news Didier Drogba enjoyed an MLS debut to remember at the weekend, bagging a hat-trick during his first outing for Montreal Impact.
The Ivory Coast international left Stamford Bridge when his contract ran out earlier this year, but it would appear he’s still got more than enough to be a star across the pond. His efforts ensured Montreal emerged victorious in a tough clash against Chicago Fire that finished 4-3.
Finishing off our round-up we turn to Paul Pogba. It seems the speculation surrounding the French midfielder’s future will never end, but he’s opted not to fan the fires of rumour by declaring that he’s focused on Juventus.
The 22-year-old was linked with a Stamford Bridge move before the summer transfer deadline, but said that this year ‘was not the right time to go.’ Make of that what you will.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms