UFC 192 will not feature Johny Hendricks vs. Tyron Woodley.
Dana White broke the news on Twitter stating the fight was off due to "Hendricks weight cut issues."
Hendricks’ suffered a blockage in his lower intestine while trying to cut weight for his upcoming fight according to manager Ted Ehrhardt. Hendricks also suffered a kidney stone and claimed his body was starting to shut down before being transferred to the hospital, but tried to continue for the fans.
SIGN UP NOW
Want to become a GMS writer? Sign up now and submit a 250 word test article: http://gms.to/haveyoursay4
"The weight was coming off fine and then yesterday my body just started to shut down," Hendricks said, according to mmafighting.com, "When it hit that point, I tried to push through it, and well, it didn't go well because then I had to go to the ER."
At Thursday's media day, Hendricks said his weight was around 183 pounds, which he was happy with. The former welterweight champion has struggled with his weight in the past and made headlines last year when he parted was with MMA nutritionist Mike Dolce.
Hendricks has since been discharged from the hospital and when asked how his condition was he said: "the body is hurting bad and sore from it. The body hasn't recovered from it yet, but maybe it will tomorrow."
When quizzed if he could move up to middleweight in the future, the American admitted it was a possibility.
"I think I have to lose more fat or move up," he said. "We might move up to 185, but I want to get home and start testing myself on body fat and try to work it down and see if that's going to work in a mini weight cut. Then that's when I can really focus on what's next. If it doesn't go so good, then it's 185 for sure. I still enjoy fighting, just not the weight cut."
Knowing how disappointed his fans would be, Hendricks expressed his sorrow with them in a short message.
"I'm sorry. I am learning and always will be learning about my weight. I'm sorry for this. It was going great until my body started to shut down and when that happened I didn't want to stop because of the fans, but I want to fight again and if I hurt my body too bad I won't be able to. I want to say sorry. It won't happen again, and I will get better from this."
Joseph Benavidez vs. Ali Bagautinov has been moved to the main card after the welterweight contender fight was scheduled to be the co-main event of tomorrow's card.
Hendricks' opponent Tyron Woodley expressed his frustration at the news in an interview with MMAFighting.com.
"I'm frustrated; obviously, I'm always trying to look for the lesson in things and positive signs. I believe things happen for a reason.
"I'm counting this as a loss for him. You got to make the weight. I'm sitting here at weight, wired, ready to wage war and now I'm not going to get that opportunity.
"Hopefully, I'm compensated accordingly because this shouldn't be a strike against me. It's almost as if I lost if I just get show money. I could have been knocked out in the first minute and just get show money. I hope and pray I am taken care of because I had a lot of plans for that win money.
"And I shouldn't have to fight anyone else, do anything else spectacular ... nothing. I should be next for the title shot now. It's called professional mixed martial arts for a reason. There should be some level of professionalism involved."
The UFC have since confirmed that Tyron Woodley will face the winner of Robbie Lawler vs. Carlos Conduit at UFC 195.