Conor McGregor is the latest UFC fighter to voice his disapproval at Nick Diaz's suspension.
Many fighters from the UFC's roster have publicly voiced their anger towards the Nevada Athletic Commission after they handed a five-year suspension to the former Strikeforce welterweight champion.
"The Nick Diaz situation...is absolutely ridiculous," McGregor said via MMA Junkie. "I can't wrap my head around that whole situation."
SIGN UP NOW
Want to become a GMS writer? Sign up now and submit a 250 word test article: http://gms.to/haveyoursay4
Article continues below
Diaz's suspension is likely to end up in court which means he's unlikely to fight in the Octagon for years, if ever again, even if his suspension is overturned.
Diaz was suspended for five-years after his fight with Anderson Silva, when the NAC found he ha d tested positive for marijuana.
Article continues below
Anderson Silva was also suspended, but only for one-year after testing positive for Oxazepam and Temazepam post-fight, but he also tested positive for drostanolone metabolites before the fight occurred in January 31.
It all seems like an over the top punishment from the NAC, and it simply looks like they’re trying to make an example out of Diaz to dissuade other fighters.
Fighters within the UFC and other organisations cheat horrendously and get light bans from the commission.
But such a lengthy ban for a drug which is legal in four states (Colorado, Washington, Alaska, and Oregon) is just unjustified.
23 states have also legalised the drug for medical use only, one of those states being Nevada.
And like most of the roster, Conor McGregor is a fan of Diaz, and hopes to see him inside the Octagon again.
"I wish him well," McGregor said.
"I've always been a big fan of Nick and his style of fighting. it would be a sad day Nick doesn't lace up the gloves again and won't make that Octagon walk."
A petition, which has gained 100,000 signatures, has been sent through to the White House and no one knows how the White House will respond to the petition, or if it even if they will at all.
The NAC did not mention last month that Diaz actually passed two of the three drugs tests taken January 31. The third test came from Quest Diagnostics, a lab not accredited by World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA).
Joe Rogan was another MMA personality who expressed his anger with the decision.
"He passed two tests, two WADA tests and failed one from some f**king local lab. And the local labs numbers were off the charts! So two out of three tests he passed. They weren't even willing to take into consideration the other tests because they didn't perform them." Rogan said.
The case will drag on, but surely this unjust decision by the NAC will be rectified, not just for Nick Diaz, but also for the future of MMA.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms