Jose Mourinho not revealing if Eden Hazard will play for Chelsea against Kiev

Published Add your comment

Article continues below

Article continues below

Jose Mourinho has declined to reveal if Eden Hazard will be restored to Chelsea's starting line-up for their Champions League Group G clash at Dynamo Kiev.

Mourinho was critical of Hazard, the startling performer in last season's Premier League triumph, after leaving the Belgium playmaker on the substitutes' bench for last Saturday's 2-0 win over Aston Villa.

Hazard has been told to up his workrate, but may start at the NSK Olimpiysky as Chelsea seek to respond from defeat at Porto in their most recent Champions League game.

"If he plays I don't tell you. The players don't know," Mourinho said.

Mourinho has left forward Pedro and striker Loic Remy behind due to minor injuries, increasing the likelihood Hazard will return to the starting XI.

Asked about Hazard's response to his comments, Mourinho said: "How did he train? He trained like Eden."

Mourinho also says Radamel Falcao has given no indication to him of his apparent desire to leave Chelsea following reports.

"To me he said absolutely nothing in relation to that," Mourinho said.

Chelsea's season has lurched from one 'crisis' to the next, but Mourinho maintains they will finish in the top four of the Premier League, thus qualifying for the Champions League, and could even win all four available trophies this term.

"My opinion is that we are not going to miss Champions League," Mourinho said.

"We are in October. Everything is open. We can win all four, (but) we can lose all four. In this country it's very difficult."

Mourinho is also challenging a ?50,000 fine and suspended one-match stadium ban, the written reasons for which were published on Monday

A Football Association independent regulatory commission said Mourinho was handed a suspended one-match stadium ban as fines were not a strong enough deterrent for his criticism of officials.

The Blues boss was sanctioned for saying referee Robert Madeley had been "afraid" to award a penalty in Chelsea's 3-1 loss to Southampton on October 3.

Mourinho also said: "Be honest with us and give what you have to give, and it's a big penalty."

Referring to previous infractions by Mourinho, the written reasons said: "It appears to us that increasing levels of fine are not on their own going to be a reliable deterrent for Mr Mourinho against improper comments to the media.

"In our judgment the fair way to impose this deterrent is to suspend the ban so that Mr Mourinho is able quite easily to avoid its ever coming into effect. The matter is in his hands.

"All he has to do is refrain from any further breach by media comments for the next 12 months, whereupon the ban will expire completely."

Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE:


Article Comments

Report author of article

Please let us know if you believe this article is in violation of our editorial policy, please only report articles for one of the following reasons.

Report author


This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.

Want more content like this?

Like our GiveMeSport Facebook Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to Facebook, don't ask me again

Follow GiveMeSport on Twitter and you will get this directly to you.

Already Following, don't ask me again

Like our GiveMeSport Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to G+, don't ask me again