A new study has revealed some surprising results about the world’s top 15 most valuable footballers.
Tottenham striker Harry Kane is, according to CIES’s advanced technologies, the fifth most expensive player on the planet at a whopping €91.3 million.
That’s not much short of the amount of money it would cost to sign Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid - but it’s a long way off what it would cost for any club to sign Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi. (Scroll down this page to see the full 15).
SUBMIT AN ARTICLE
Apply to become a GMS writer by signing up and submitting a 250-word test article: http://gms.to/haveyoursay5
Players from Liverpool, Bayern Munich, Manchester United, Manchester City and Arsenal all make the list, while the usual suspects also feature.
Eden Hazard is also on the list - above Ronaldo - and the Belgium international’s estimated value isn’t too far off what Chelsea will reportedly demand for their want-away star.
Top 15 most expensive footballers...
15. Thomas Muller | Bayern Munich - €71.3m
13=. Philippe Coutinho | Liverpool - €73m
13=. Kevin De Bruyne | Manchester City - €73m
12. Paul Pogba | Juventus - €77.3m
11. Anthony Martial | Manchester United - €77.8m
10. Alexis Sanchez | Arsenal - €81.9m
9. Sergio Aguero | Manchester City - €82.1m
8. Luis Suarez | Barcelona - €86.3m
7. Antoine Griezmann | Atletico Madrid - €88.3m
6. Raheem Sterling | Manchester City - €89.8m
5. Harry Kane | Tottenham Hotspur - €91.3m
4. Cristiano Ronaldo | Real Madrid - €114m
3. Eden Hazard | Chelsea - €130.5m
2. Neymar | Barcelona - €152.7m
1. Lionel Messi | Barcelona - €250.7m
Are any of these valuations unrealistic? Have your say by leaving a comment below.