With the New England Patriots and Denver Broncos having progressed to the AFC Championship game in this year's playoffs, Sunday will see the latest instalment of the Tom Brady-Peyton Manning rivalry.
What's more, with Manning looking increasingly likely to call time on his career after the 2015 season, this, their 17th meeting, could prove to be the last.
With that in mind, Sports Illustrated have compiled the data from each and every one of the duo's 16 prior meetings into one giant box score. And it makes for interesting reading.
SIGN UP NOW
Want to become a GMS writer? Sign up now and submit a 250 word test article: http://gms.to/haveyoursay4
To see the full breakdown of the rivalry - which is stacked in Brady's favor at 11-5 right now - check out SI's article. Here, though, are some of the most interesting takeaways:
- Brady has a better completion percentage (66.37%, 367/553 vs Manning's 62.5%, 410/657) but Peyton has thrown for almost 800 more yards (4,809 to 4013) and two more touchdowns (33 to 31).
- The ongoing Brady vs Manning score stands at 479–392 to the Patriots quarterback.
- Tom Brady interceptions: 13 Peyton Manning interceptions: 22
- Troy Brown (32 receptions for 368 yards and two TDs) is Brady's favorite receiver down the years. For Manning, it is his trusty target at the Colts, Reggie Wayne (57 catches, 763 yards, five TDs).
- Neither of the future Hall of Famers is known for their running ability, yet both have three rushing TDs to their name. Manning, though, has a better YPC with 78 yards on 26 attempts - Brady has 42 yards on 46 rushes.
- Despite Manning trailing 5-11 overall, it is a lot more even when it comes to postseason football where the pair are tied at 2-2. The Broncos QB does lead his Patriots counterpart 2-1 in AFC Championship games, however.
With an 87 point deficit to make up, Peyton Manning will still trail Brady in the overall score regardless of what happens on Sunday.
If he is able to lead Denver past New England and to Super Bowl 50, however, he will be able to leave (potentially for good) this rivalry with the last laugh.
NFL fans: Brady or Manning, who has been better throughout their careers? Have your say in the comments below...