Neymar is not a happy bunny.
The Barcelona star has reacted to Spanish journalist Manolo Lama’s report that he had eaten dinner in Madrid on Thursday by posting a video calling the journalist a “fool”.
Lama’s claim seemed to imply that the forward was in the Spanish capital to negotiate a deal with Real Madrid, who are reportedly heavily interested in signing Neymar.
SUBMIT AN ARTICLE
Apply to become a GMS writer by signing up and submitting a 250-word test article: http://gms.to/haveyoursay5
The former Santos player took offence to Lama’s report and didn’t disguise his feelings, publishing the outburst on Snapchat.
He said: “Manolo Lama, you said that I was in Madrid yesterday. Start talking the truth, you fool!”
The video was accompanied by the caption: “For the journalist that talks s***!”
Earlier in the week Sport claimed that Madrid see the Brazilian as the perfect replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo and have offered him a €675,000-a-week contract to leave Barcelona.
It’s fair to see this season has been a hectic one for Neymar, who finished third in the 2015 Ballon d’Or voting behind team-mate Lionel Messi and Ronaldo.
On Thursday he lost his appeal against a £78,000 fine for tax evasion, and next month he will appear in court regarding his transfer from Santos to Barcelona in 2013.
Watch the video:
Could all the off-the-field trouble be getting too much for a player who has seen his life flipped upside down since catching the world’s attention at Santos?
Neymar is still only 23-years-old and has been catapulted into celebrity status. He should be concentrating on his football, not be facing a court appearance and having tax issues.
Lama, who works for Cadena COPE, apologised for his report but said it had come on good authority.
He said: “Those that told me they saw [Neymar] in Madrid [on Thursday night] still swear that it was him,” reported Goal.