Titus O'Neil was suspended by the WWE earlier this year for six months after an incident with Vince McMahon.
Following Daniel Bryan's retirement speech on Monday Night RAW, O'Neil grabbed Vince McMahon's arm as he tried to walk backstage. Unfortunately, this was caught by camera on the WWE Network and McMahon wasn't too happy about that, punishing O'Neil.
Rapzilla recently interviewed O'Neil for his first interview since the suspension and the former Tag Team Champion talked about the incident and stated that he was owning up to his mistake.
SIGN UP NOW
Want to become a GMS writer? Sign up now and submit a 250-word test article: http://gms.to/haveyoursay4
"I always believe in all things there's always positives in it," O'Neil said. "I made a mistake at an inopportune time."
Interestingly, O'Neil didn't say that the suspension wasn't an overreaction, as well as saying that "people" have called it too harsh. It doesn't take a genius to read between those lines.
"Regardless if it was too harsh or overreacting or whatever people have deemed it, it all stems from my mistake. Whether I agree with it or not, I am owning it. I'm doing what I'd normally do in any other situation."
Batista recently tweeted that he called O'Neil and said that he should ask for his release. O'Neil noted that he could leave the business since there are plenty of other things that he can do, but doesn't plan to.
"I can go and coach, I can do a lot of stuff, but at the end of the day, I've never quit on anything in my entire life," Titus said.
A lot of people out there will agree with Batista and think that O'Neil should've left on principle, but the WWE still pays pretty good money.