Finn Balor and Samoa Joe could be on the main roster by SummerSlam

Published Add your comment

Prior to NXT TakeOver: Dallas, it was widely speculated that either Finn Balor or Samoa Joe could find themselves on the main roster by debuting on the first Monday Night Raw after WrestleMania 32.

The two NXT superstars faced each other in the NXT Championship match at the event during WrestleMania weekend, and it was rumored that the winner would stay in NXT while the loser would go on to the main roster.

However, when the raw after WrestleMania came and went, neither one appeared on the show, sparking new rumors as to when they could be making the jump. After Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows debuted on Raw last week, many thought it wouldn't be long until Balor follows and they would reform a Bullet Club-esque group in the WWE, alongside AJ Styles.


Want to become a GMS writer? Sign up now and submit a 250 word test article: http://gms.to/haveyoursay4

Article continues below

Yet, once more, we may have to wait a little bit longer for the current NXT Champion to appear on the main roster, and the same counts for Joe as well, according to reports.

Cageside Seats have speculated that: "Although it's unclear who, there may be another NXT call up by SummerSlam. That could be in reference to recent rumors surrounding Finn Balor and Samoa Joe."

Article continues below

Considering SummerSlam is arguably the WWE's second biggest pay-per-view of the year, this would be the perfect time for the WWE to call up the two NXT superstars. But with so many other superstars expecting to return around about that time as well, it's difficult to pinpoint where exactly they would fit in.

John Cena and Seth Rollins should be back by then wrestling full time, and they're bound to be in the main event picture, meaning the likes of AJ Styles could drop down to more mid card matches. It could be a bit too crowded with Balor and Joe there as well.

However, both NXT superstars should be pursuing mid card WWE titles upon their arrival, and there is no reason why they can't go for one each; eg. Balor for Intercontinental Championship, Joe for United States Championship. They have the quality in promos and in-ring work to be a success.

As for their replacements in NXT, this might be the most difficult task to fulfill, as Balor and Joe are extraordinary talents that have helped take WWE's developmental division to new heights.

Kevin Owens has said in a recent interview with Dubai radio personality Myles that there will be a huge void left in NXT when their champion goes to the WWE main roster, and he also said he doesn't know if there is anyone there ready to fill the space upon his departure. 

Both NXT superstars are already highly rated by many in the WWE, and they're bound to be a success whenever they arrive on the main roster. Whether that be SummerSlam or not.

Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms

Vince McMahon
Triple H

Article Comments

Report author of article

Please let us know if you believe this article is in violation of our editorial policy, please only report articles for one of the following reasons.

Report author


This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeSport.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeSport.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.

Want more content like this?

Like our GiveMeSport Facebook Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to Facebook, don't ask me again

Follow GiveMeSport on Twitter and you will get this directly to you.

Already Following, don't ask me again

Like our GiveMeSport - WWE Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to G+, don't ask me again