The Conor McGregor vs UFC saga is rumbling on with no one really quite sure what is going on right now.
Firstly, McGregor tweeted out last week that he had retired young, before being pulled from the UFC 200 card by Dana White for refusing to turn up to a pre-fight press conference. Then, McGregor sent out a lengthy Facebook post revealing that he wasn't retired, then claimed he was back on the UFC 200 card until Dana White completely denied it last night.
It's been a pretty hectic week. And it could be getting even more crazy with the news that Nate Diaz could be going on vacation until he gets to fight McGregor.
SIGN UP NOW
Want to become a GMS writer? Sign up now and submit a 250-word test article: http://gms.to/haveyoursay4
At the UFC 200 press conference - the one that McGregor didn't want to leave his training camp in Iceland for - Diaz stated that he only wanted to fight 'The Notorious'.
And now, it looks like Diaz is sticking to that promise by taking to his Twitter account to reveal that he is now on vacation.
The UFC 200 main event was put on hold and Dana White has stated that they are in the process of looking for a new opponent for Diaz at the big event. Diaz doesn't exactly fancy that.
"I came to fight Conor McGregor. I don't really have too much interest in anybody else or interest in fighting at all," Diaz said Friday at the Vegas presser.
"That's what he wanted and I'm down for whatever. Like I said, I'm going to come here to fight, if we're going to get that fight going. If not, I'm going on vacation for real."
"I didn't ask for that fight but he asked for it, he wanted it. If that ain't happening, I'm going on vacation."
We'll have to wait and see what happens at the July 9 event but one thing is for sure, there are going to be plenty of twists and turns ahead.