It's been a week after Conor McGregor tweeted that he was retiring from fighting and the UFC pulled him from UFC 200 and we are still none the wiser as to what is actually going to happen.
McGregor wants to fight at UFC 200 but doesn't want to do all the press conferences. UFC, naturally, wants him to and disciplined him for his refusal by taking him off the card. Now, McGregor is trying to sneak his way back into the main event of the potentially record-breaking pay-per-view.
Dana White is having none of that it seems and appears like he is going to do his best to keep McGregor off the card.
SIGN UP NOW
Want to become a GMS writer? Sign up now and submit a 250-word test article: http://gms.to/haveyoursay4
UFC 201 or 202
UFC president Dana White spoke to TMZ earlier this week and said McGregor will not be on the card at UFC 200.
However, it is very probable that the Irish superstar could be on one of the next big shows over the summer, with the likes of UFC 201 and 202 being potential options for 'The Notorious' to make his return to the octagon.
"He'll fight on 201, 202, 203 -- whatever," said White, who was in Beverly Hills before heading over to watch Paige VanZant on Dancing With The Stars.
"I don't know when. We'll get it figured out."
McGregor tweeted on Sunday night that he was back on the UFC 200 card and thanked White and UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta for giving the fans what they want. White said what McGregor stated was not true and he is not sure why he posted it.
"I don't know," White said. "I don't know why he did. I still haven't talked to him. We had a whole press conference about this. I just don't know how more clear I can make it."
McGregor was supposed to have his rematch with Nate Diaz in the main event of UFC 200 on July 9 in Las Vegas, but said he didn't want to leave his training camp in Iceland in order to come to a press conference hyping the event that was still three months away.
Shockingly, the UFC wasn't too happy with that considering they were spending millions on photo shoots, commercials and press conferences in Vegas.
"Conor has his own style, has his own ways of doing things," White said. "It is what it is. We have a difference of opinion on this thing. He thinks that he doesn't need to do media anymore and that's now how we do it. We do press conferences. We're spending $10 million on this fight."
Dana White still needs Conor McGregor. But it seems he isn't going to let the Irishman dictate everything. McGregor may call himself the King of UFC, but he still has people he has to answer too.