Amidst all the hysteria that has surrounding Conor McGregor's UFC future over the past month or so, the organisation's president, Dana White, has always insisted that there is no personal rift between himself and The Notorious One.
Now, speaking in an excerpt of an interview with ESPN, McGregor himself has spoken publicly about his working relationship with White and UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta for the first time since the whole retirement bluff reared its head.
And his comments, which come in the wake of a Wednesday dinner meeting attended by all three individuals, suggest things are moving in the right direction as McGregor looks to find his way back into the octagon:
SIGN UP NOW
Want to become a GMS writer? Sign up now and submit a 250 word test article: http://gms.to/haveyoursay4
"Yeah, I met with Dana and Mr. Fertitta. (It was a) good conversation like it always is, we have a good relationship," the Dublin native told ESPN's Kenny Mayne.
"It is what it is, it happens in the fight game, sometimes emotions get into it. But it is important to recognise that emotions have no place in business. So that is essentially what it was last night.
"We just set it aside. There is no place for emotions in this. We are doing beautiful things so let's continue. Let's fix it and continue."
The comments come from just a brief excerpt of an interview which will be aired in full on Sunday but, already, they will do much to waylay fears some UFC fans had about McGregor's future in the sport.
Amidst his ousting from the UFC 200 match card and recent speculation about a potential boxing match with Floyd 'Money' Mayweather, it is good to hear that the 27-year-old fighter is focussing on getting back on the track in the organisation that has made him a global superstar.
Asked by Mayne to sum up how much progress had been made using the analogy of progressing up an American football field from the 20-yard line, McGregor once again sounded positive:
"I'd say we're nice in the middle. In a good place," he said before adding that they were "of course" in a better position than they were before Wednesday's dinner meeting.
Just when McGregor will actually be back inside the octagon remains to be seen. Recent speculation had pegged UFC 202 as a potential return date.
With that pay-per-view not expected to take place until August, it would certainly make a lot of sense in as much as it would give both McGregor and his likely opponent, Nate Diaz, plenty of time to prepare for what will be a must-see rematch.