With Conor McGregor not having defended his Featherweight title since winning it from Jose Aldo at UFC 196 back in November 2015, the division has been missing The Notorious One's notorious trash talk.
However, with Aldo and fellow Featherweight Frankie Edgar set to clash for an interim title at next month's UFC 200 pay-per-view, it looks like the two fighters are doing their best to put on a soundbite show of their own.
Edgar twisted the knife late last week when he mocked his Brazilian opponent's questionable injury record. Now, reacting to the barb, Aldo has offered his own response of sorts today.
SIGN UP NOW
Want to become a GMS writer? Sign up now and submit a 250 word test article: http://gms.to/haveyoursay4
Article continues below
As reported by Fox Sports, the former Featherweight champion was doing his best to take the moral high ground when speaking to reporters in his native Brazil at a UFC 200 media event:
"You have to know if you're injured or not before talking...I couldn't care less what he says or doesn't say. I know I'm training hard here.
Article continues below
"I will be in great shape in the fight. I'm hungry to win this fight. There was no fight last time (against McGregor), so we'll see.
"I couldn't care less. F--k him. I don't care. I care about my gym and my training. We'll settle that face to face."
Before being pitted against each other as part of July's highly-anticipated pay-per-view, Aldo and Edgar actually had a pretty friendly relationship.
Even at the official press conference to announce the event, the two were far more amicable than most opponents are when they come face to face on the podium.
As the July 9 fight night comes ever closer, however, the tension is starting to rise. In attacking Aldo's injury record - he has had just six fights in the past four years due to various injuries - Edgar may have hit a nerve.
As he said in today's comments, though, the veteran Brazilian will be hoping to set the record straight when he and Edgar enter the octagon.
With an opportunity of a title shot against Conor McGregor on the line, it is unlikely either fighter would step away from the bout unless an extremely serious injury occurred in the final few weeks of preparation.
As for who people are expecting to come out on top at UFC 200, it is virtually a dead heat right now. The majority of bookies have Edgar as a slight favourite but there is very little to choose between them at this stage.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms