Jurgen Klopp has all but confirmed that Christian Benteke's future does not lie at Anfield.
Benteke failed to live up to his £32.5 million price tag last season and the German boss isn't even prepared to hand him another chance to redeem himself in the upcoming campaign.
Liverpool's first game of the season sees them come up against Arsene Wenger's Arsenal side and Klopp has confirmed the big Belgian is not part of his plans.
Speaking ahead of an exciting pre-season clash with Barcelona at Wembley on Saturday, the Liverpool manager hinted Benteke's departure would 'make sense'.
"Everyone knows about it. Christian has already said maybe it makes sense to go to another club," Klopp said.
"Christian is still a great striker. We have a few more strikers and I think it makes more sense to give them match time.
"But if there are clubs that want a real striker then they have to make real offers - otherwise, we will find solutions."
Benteke has been linked with various moves away from Anfield throughout the summer with Everton emerging as a potential shock destination earlier this week.
Klopp is reluctant to hand Benteke too much/if any match action before the season kicks off next week, with his sole focus currently dedicated towards getting the players who are part of his plans into shape.
Liverpool will be keen to avoid making too much of a significant loss on the striker and their asking price would have already deterred some clubs off making a move.
However, Klopp has insisted he is in no rush for force through any incoming or outgoing deals.
He added: "The final word is 31st August.
"Until then you have to be ready to do something on the selling side or the buying side. But I'm fine. The squad is good."